Default NUMBERING OF A COLUMN

I would like to use automatic number ascention in my 1st column, actually,
each row would ascend in number by 1
gls858

D wrote:
I would like to use automatic number ascention in my 1st column, actually,
each row would ascend in number by 1

Put 1 in A1 2 in A2 high lite both cells and the move the cursor
to the lower right corner. the cursor will turn into a +
drag the + down the column.

gls858

"gls858" wrote:

D wrote:
I would like to use automatic number ascention in my 1st column, actually,
each row would ascend in number by 1

Put 1 in A1 2 in A2 high lite both cells and the move the cursor
to the lower right corner. the cursor will turn into a +
drag the + down the column.

gls858

gls858,
Thank you somuch for your help, I will give it a try. Meanwhile, Although
your suggestion sounds way easier, this is how I got it to work:
I typed 1 in A1, then highlighted the column,
under edit, fill, series, then entered growth, column
edit again, then checked trend, and fill
It did the trick, all the way down to the very bottom!
This is all so new to me, I have very little experience with computers at
all, I really do appreciate your responding.
Thank you again,
(I'll be back soon, I'm sure)