Garth

Default Help on XP

I have saved my windows 98 documents on a disc and want to use them on my new
computer, which runs XP and Office 2003. I cannot save or work on anything
please help???????????
Dave Peterson

I bet you saved your old documents on a CD.

If you did that, most CD writing software change the file attributes to
Readonly.

Try copying the files from the CD to your harddrive.
then use windows explorer to change the attributes of those Hard drive files.

You can select as many files as you want (click on the first, ctrl-click on
subsequent) and then rightclick|properties.

Uncheck the Read only property.

--

Dave Peterson
David McRitchie

It will become clear to Garth that he can change the entire
directory and subdirectories at once when he follows Dave's
instruction form Windows Explorer or File Manager, but thought
I'd mention this more specifically so others will know as well.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel