Marc

Default Is there a way to lock out the format for the cell and still allow data entry and C&P?

I've set the spread sheet and have locked all the cells but those that I
want to have filled with data. There are time when I would like to be able
to C&P the data to other sheets but when I do I also copy the format. I
know I can use "paste special" but I want it so anyone can use the C&P
without having to use "paste special".

Marc

Mark

You could write a macro that uses a string for the cell
values.

sub cpme()
dim strCP as string
strcp=range("A1").value
strcp.copy
range("A2").paste

end sub

I am a bit rusty but this sub should give you the right
idea.
Creating a variable for the cell value does not include
any formatting.

0- Mark Sway

.