Rich

Default Linking Several Charts to a PowerPoint Presentation

Linking PowerPoint data into Excel has many limitations. A good tool
that may work for you is xpport. It reads your print areas and
therefore can copy multiple tables and charts from multiple sheets in
your xls file to PowerPoint with a single click. Let me know how it
works for you.
Rich

JRPK Wrote:
I'm having a problem regarding linking several Excel charts and tables
from a single Excel file into a PowerPoint Presentation.
Example:
I create a chart on tab #1 of the Excel file and paste-link it into
slide #1 in the PowerPoint file.
Then I copy the tab (and call it tab #2) in the same Excel file but
change the data and paste link the chart on tab #2 of the Excel file
into slide #2 in the PowerPoint file.
Copy that tab, change the data and ditto for tabs #3, #4, #5, etc. . .

Now lets say I update the data in the chart on Tab #2 in the Excel
file and go to PowerPoint to update it.

It will now convert all the charts in the PowerPoint file to the chart
on tab #2. It seems when I update the links, whatever tab is showing
(in this case the chart on tab # 2) on screen in the Excel file will
then be reflected in every link in the PowerPoint file. It's as if it
ignores the links to the designated spread sheets and simply looks to
the Excel file to see what it currently looks like.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I actually have to create and format a
brand new chart on a brand new tab everytime I want to link multiple
charts. Copying tabs but individually linking them seems like it
should work.

If it's of any help, both PowerPoint and Excel are XP versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JRPK

--