Crohn

Default sort

Is there a way to lock a worksheet so that it can be sorted but not
mis-sorted similar to a database?
Dave Peterson

You could protect the worksheet and provide a macro that unprotects the sheet,
sorts the data the way you want, and then protects the worksheet.

I don't think that there's a way to really stop people (like me) from screwing
up really badly.

--

Dave Peterson
David McRitchie

I think you will have to state your question more explicitly.

Have you tried first selecting all cell before you do your sort.
Ctrl+A (or in Excel 2003 invoke that twice)

If you are referring to lock cells as in protection, you have to
turn the protection off first like in a macro.

If you are referring to protection, what version of Excel.
There are differences and I can't help you beyond 2000.
---
HTH,

"Crohn" wrote ...