Lady Layla

where can i find 98 format in save as?

"gls858" wrote in message
: fortjoly wrote:
: How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format?
: If you have 98 Excel and you are trying to open a 2003 file there isn't a
: way to convert it. You need to save the file from 2003 as a 98 format.
:
: gls858

Lady Layla

XL98 is Mac XL -- Windows XL has 95 97 2000 XP and 2003

"gls858" wrote in message
: JE McGimpsey wrote:
: In article ,
: gls858 wrote:
:
:
: If you have 98 Excel and you are trying to open a 2003 file there isn't a
: way to convert it. You need to save the file from 2003 as a 98 format.
:
:
: IF you're talking about MacXL 98, that's incorrect. The reason there's
: no way to convert it is that the file formats are exactly the same. No
: conversion is required, or even possible.
:
: I can open any XL03 file with MacXL98/01/v.X/04 or WinXL97/00/02/03
: without any conversion.
:
: OP nor I either one mentioned MacXL. If the format are the same that's
: my mistake. At one point I know the newer version of Excel would open
: an older version but the older version wouldn't open the newer version.
: Probably goes back to Excel 95 and Excel 97. Thanks for setting it straight.
:
: gls858

fortjoly

Default How do I convert Excel 2003 to Excel 98 format?

How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format?

JE McGimpsey

MacXL98/01/v.X/04 and WinXL97/00/02/03 share identical file formats, so
no conversion is needed. Features vary, of course, both between
platforms and between versions within platforms.

In article ,
"fortjoly" wrote:

How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format?

gls858

"gls858" wrote in message
: fortjoly wrote:
: How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format?
: If you have 98 Excel and you are trying to open a 2003 file there isn't a
: way to convert it. You need to save the file from 2003 as a 98 format.
:
: gls858

Yes. When you do save as look at the bottom of the dialog box and
you will see "Save as type:" click the down arrow and select your
preferred type.

gls858

Gord Dibben

Which, if running Excel 2003, has no Excel 98 option because Excel 98 is a MAC
format.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP