MEJ

Default need age in future year

I'm a new user and need help. I have a column with dates of birth (xx/xx/xx)
and want to know the age (in years only) that each person will be by the end
of 2010. Then I want to indicate "yes" if they will be 65 or older by that
time. Thanks!
--
MEJ
Chris Rogers

Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1)
Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below

To calculate the age of the person on line 2, enter the formula D$1-D2
in Cell E2
Format Cell E2 to be Custom and use the masking of YY

Dave Peterson

Chip Pearson explains =datedif() nicely at his site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

=DATEDIF(A1,DATE(2010,12,31),"y")

Will work for years.

MEJ wrote:

I'm a new user and need help. I have a column with dates of birth (xx/xx/xx)
and want to know the age (in years only) that each person will be by the end
of 2010. Then I want to indicate "yes" if they will be 65 or older by that
time. Thanks!
--
MEJ

--

Dave Peterson
Carole O

It would be easier if you had two date columns, one (col a) mm/dd and the
other (col b) yyyy. In a third column (col c), enter =2010-b2. In the
fourth column (col d), enter =IF(C164,"YES",""). Drag the formulas down to
the end of the data. You may have to format the C column as a number (no
decimals).

Hope this helps,
Carole O