Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Linking to word document

Hi - I know this is an Access question in an excel group, but I'm not
sure the Access group is active (I've posted this question there). I
am just teaching myself Access and have a quick question: when you
have a table (like an excel spreadsheet), can you link a cell to a
word document? I ask this because I am trying to build a database
where we track correspondence. Right now, we have it in excel and I
can create a link to an actual letter we have written say to person X,
whose name appears say in cell A1 and let's say in cell B1 I have a
few words on what the letter is about. I would like to be able to
click on B1 and be taken directly to the letter in Word. Is that
possible in Access? Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
BL