haynblend

Default How can I enter information in a different cell in one Excel shee.

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet that I have to update frequently. I want
to be able to do multiple entries on one sheet and each time I enter an
amount in one sheet, have it update on a master sheet.

For example, if I enter something in cell C1 on sheet 2 one day, I want it
to show up on cell C1 on the master sheet. But the next day when I have to
enter an updated amount in cell C2 on sheet 2, I want that amount to update
on cell C1 on the master overlapping what was previously entered. I want to
set it up so that even if I have 10 entries, each entry I make will overlap &
update the amount in cell C1 on the master sheet. Does anyone know of a
formula for this or if it is even possible?

I would really appreciate everyone's help.
Kassie

I do not quite understand what you mean with overlap? Do you mean that say
C1 = 354, and the next day you enter 320 in C2 on Sheet 2, the value of Cell
C1 on Sheet 1 should become 674?
If this is the case, the easiest would be to add the formula = SUM(C1:C<as
far as you want to go) just below the last cell in Col C on Sheet 2.

Let's say you enter +SUM(C1:C250) in cell C251
Now, in C1 on Sheet 1, enter = Sheet2!C251
Hope this helps

"haynblend" wrote:

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet that I have to update frequently. I want
to be able to do multiple entries on one sheet and each time I enter an
amount in one sheet, have it update on a master sheet.

For example, if I enter something in cell C1 on sheet 2 one day, I want it
to show up on cell C1 on the master sheet. But the next day when I have to
enter an updated amount in cell C2 on sheet 2, I want that amount to update
on cell C1 on the master overlapping what was previously entered. I want to
set it up so that even if I have 10 entries, each entry I make will overlap &
update the amount in cell C1 on the master sheet. Does anyone know of a
formula for this or if it is even possible?

I would really appreciate everyone's help.

Springsteel

Try this:

In Cell A1 of Sheet1 on use this formula:

=INDEX(Sheet2!C1:C10,COUNTA(Sheet2!C1:C10))

In Sheet2 in the cells C1 to C10 input your data. This gives you 10 cells
to enter so you may have to expand the range in the formula from C10 to C###.
The INDEX function will return the contents of the cell in the row defined
by the COUNTA function. The COUNTA function will return the count of the
rows in the range where there is data (number or text or reference). If you
want to return only numbers use COUNT instead of COUNTA.

Hope this helps.