phil Evans via OfficeKB.com

Default xp excel

I have dual boot up..
win 98se using office 2000 and xp with office xp...
the 2 problems that I experience are.....
excel sheets created in the 2000 suite are all colour coded to the cell
values using conditional formatting....these are visible whilst veiwing the
sheet on screen......whenever I try to open these sheets in the xp suite I
can not see the formatting unless I use the print preview option...this
does not happen when opening the sheets in xp on my laptop,,,the colours
are visible.... I have checked that the excel options are setup the same
for both machines....

the other problem I have been getting is that in office 2000, I could open
a large collection of files and these would open and update through an odbc
link without having to enter the datea password for each file....every time
I try to open these files in the xp suite, I am prompted to enable
background refresh, as these files are numerous and opened and refreshed
constantly, is there a command I can enable to do a background refresh....

any help would be appreciated

phil Evans via OfficeKB.com

This worked a treat ......Thanks Julie

Also found the solution to the refresh problem......Ms article 248204 for
anybody else experiencing the same type of problem...

Phil