XPC465

Default Adding a title to a worksheet. How/Where?

With the excellent assistance of Julie D and her replies, I am well on the
way to completing a worksheet, for my daughter in laws unisex hair salon.
To avoid any unneccesary contacts, I did infact purchase a volume of using
Microsoft Office, and tried to learn everything from it. However, possibly
due to my age, being an O.A.P. I found it very hard to digest. The
assistance I would like now, is 1/ Where/How do I put the Date/months etc. in
the top of the worksheet, so that it remains there, and 2/ is it possible to
impose a callendar to the worksheet at the click of the mouse and 3/ Is there
a limit as to the number of worksheets, and pages in relation to, that can be
maintained on the system. Many, many thanks for any advice given.
JulieD

Hi

glad to hear that the worksheet is coming along well ... from memory i
thought i suggested having a day on each sheet and a workbook for each
month - have you decided to go with another structure? ..... (doesn't
matter if you have but all your questions seem to indicate it)

Q1 ... do you mean that you type the date / month into a cell in row 1 but
when you're on row 47 you can't see them ... if so, click on A2 and choose
window / freeze panes from the menu.

in regards to Q2, you need to use an add-in of some sort to have a calendar
in a worksheet - i've had limited success with using these in the past ...
maybe someone else can advise on which one they used and how they got it to
work well

Q3 - theoreticaly the number of worksheets in a workbook is limited to the
computer's power ... personally i think that managing workbooks of over 30
sheets is difficult as you're forever trying to figure out where you are
supposed to be - however there are a few methods to assist with this,
including ranges names to make navigation easier, a table of contents on the
first sheet, hiding & unhiding sheets as they are needed etc ... let us know
if you'ld information on any of these topics.

Cheers
JulieD