Mark

Default backup

when i save my budget report workbook, can i also save my
backup copy held in a diffrrent drive.

thanks

mark
Paul B

Mark, here is one way, from a post by Gord Didden

You could create a macro that will save the file at the default location and
copy to the folder of your choice.

The macro could be run manually or in beforesave code in ThisWorkbook.

Sub BUandSave2()
'Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As
Boolean)
'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the default folder
'Note that any backup is overwritten
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs FileName:="E:\Backup*\" & _
ActiveWorkbook.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting
started with macros

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Mark" wrote in message
when i save my budget report workbook, can i also save my
backup copy held in a diffrrent drive.

thanks

mark

Don Guillett

Here is one I use to backup to the same folder in a sub folder. Modify to
suit.

Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button
On Error GoTo BackupFile
MkDir CurDir & "\Backup"
BackupFile:
With ActiveWorkbook
MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name
.SaveCopyAs MyWB
.Save
End With

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Mark" wrote in message
when i save my budget report workbook, can i also save my
backup copy held in a diffrrent drive.

thanks

mark

mark

Thanks
for this it works great one thing through if i wanted to=20
run this type of macro when i x out of excell what would=20
the top line read.

thanks

mark