Ben Joiner

Default DDE linking with variable from named cell!

I have tried and tried to create a DDE link to an application which retrieves
stock prices etc. The basic goal is to have the dde link in a cell, but the
variable (ie stock name) is read from another cell on the worksheet!

is this achievable in Excel. I can do this by creating simple macro that
extracts the variable from a cell and then paste the formula to another cell,
but I am trying to do this without using VBA.

Any help greatly appreciated!!
Ben Joiner
Bill Manville

Ben

I think the macro is the only to create the DDE link using a variable
value from a cell.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England