Allan

Default How to control the area?

I have a small Excel spreadsheet that I am trying to insert as an object in
a Word document. The spreadsheet is about 10 columns wide x 30 rows high.
When I insert this into Word, the object includes more area than I am using
for data. Is there any way to limit or control the area included in the
object so that just the area of the spreadsheet which actually has data in
it is seen?

Thanks

Allan

Bill Manville

Do you need it to be a live spreadsheet object in the Word document?
If not, copy a picture of the area of the spreadsheet rather than a
full spreadsheet object.
(Select the area and Shift+Edit / Copy Picture)

Otherwise, hide the excess rows and columns (Format / Column / Hide)

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Allan

Thanks for your response, but there is no change in the behavior.
I want a live connection. As it is when I insert it into Word document,
there is about an inch on the botttom and 2 inches on the right of white
space. The result is that I have a spreadsheet sitting inside an island of
blank space , and I cannot place text any closer than the boundry of the
white space.

Thanks

Allan