Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Reserved Error (|); while importing data to Excel from MS Access

While importing data to Excel using a query in MS Access using MS
Query, I get and error message saying "Reserved Error (|); ". Can
anybody help me in solving this issue.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Lilo Meier wrote:
Reserved Error (|)

Are you perhaps running a query on tables in Access which are linked to
tables in a different type of database? If so, what is database that
contains the data?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

"Bill Manville" wrote:

Are you perhaps running a query on tables in Access which are linked to
tables in a different type of database? If so, what is database that
contains the data?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

I am having the same error, and as you asked I am trying to export a query
which is querying a view that is linked from a Sql Server 2000 database. It
has a date parameter which is used to select the correct records.

The query itself runs fine, but I can not export it from access to excel.

Is there an issue with the linked table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Mendicant wrote:
Is there an issue with the linked table?

I guess so.
Is there a reason why you can't query the SQL Server 2000 database
directly from Excel? I would think you should be able to, by setting
up an appropriate ODBC connection.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

That's the odd thing. I can query it fine. I've built a query off of the
linked view and can select records in only the month that I require, but as
soon as I try to export the information in the query to excel, I get the
error.