Default Installing MS Office

I have MS office 2003 installed on my Drive C. I would like to have it
installed on drive E with MS Office being the only thing on that drive.
The installation doesn't appear to give me the option of which drive to
install it. Am I doing something wrong?

Don MI

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have MS office 2003 installed on my Drive C. I would like to have it
installed on drive E with MS Office being the only thing on that drive.
The installation doesn't appear to give me the option of which drive to
install it. Am I doing something wrong?

First you need to uninstall from C: drive.

When you re-install you will have the option to install where you want if
you choose custom installation. When the default installation path is
displayed, just place you cursor at the start of the path, delete C and
insert E. Note: even when you install Office 2003 on your E: drive, some
files will by default be installed on your C: drive.

Don

uaintit

"Don MI <" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have MS office 2003 installed on my Drive C. I would like to have it
installed on drive E with MS Office being the only thing on that drive.
The installation doesn't appear to give me the option of which drive to
install it. Am I doing something wrong?

First you need to uninstall from C: drive.

When you re-install you will have the option to install where you want if
you choose custom installation. When the default installation path is
displayed, just place you cursor at the start of the path, delete C and
insert E. Note: even when you install Office 2003 on your E: drive, some
files will by default be installed on your C: drive.

Don

Hello

sorry I'am not replying to the ? above. I have a ? about it. I have Ms
Office it was preinstalled. In a notepad file Its states it has been removed
but still showing files that I have it. But when clicked on it says has to be
installed. I also had the student-teacher office 2003 installed which is
having the same problem. How do I fix if possible.

Don MI

"uaintit" wrote in message

"Don MI <" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Not sure what "notepad file" to which you are referring.

Trying going to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Is this where you
removed the pre-installed version of Office? To remove Office you cannot
just delete files using Windows Explorer or just delete the shortcuts to the
Office applications.

I am not sure what you mean by: " But when clicked on it says has to be
installed." If you mean a shortcut to a Office applications for the
pre-installed version, your should not have any if you uninstalled correct
as per above.

Look at the list of installed applications in Add/Remove Programs. If the
pre-installed version was not Office 2003, you should have two entries {the
pre-installed version and Office 2003}. If both were Office 2003 editions,
I am not sure how many entries you find. If you find only one entry for the
Office 2003 S & T, select it. Then click on Change. You should get a
message box with one select to repair the original installation. Try that.

Worse case. Uninstall Office 2003 S & T. Reinstall the pre-installed
version to the same location {that is drive}. You should halved received CD
with your computer to do so. Then uninstall from Add/Remove Programs. Then
re-install your Office 2003 S & T. Doing the above will not effect any
documents you have created but you will lose your settings. Note this is
the worse case approach. You may get better help if you post to
microsoft.public.office.misc. If you do so, please be more specific about
what you did and what is happening.

Don