OrtegaGroup

Default How do I get the sum total of all sheets in a workbook?

I have a 52 sheet workbook, all sheets have the same number of columns and
data. What do I need to do to arrive at the sum total of all these sheets
without printing them all out and adding them up manually? Thanks in advance
for your assistance.
Paul B

Ortega, try something like this

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet52!A1)
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"OrtegaGroup" wrote in message
I have a 52 sheet workbook, all sheets have the same number of columns and
data. What do I need to do to arrive at the sum total of all these sheets
without printing them all out and adding them up manually? Thanks in
advance
for your assistance.

can't you just have a new excell sheet and copy the total
on to that from each sheet. The formula should be okay
since you are just adding columns and then just copy the
totals to the new page. There is an update options or
function but not sure haven't used it for a long time.
I have a 52 sheet workbook, all sheets have the same

number of columns and
data. What do I need to do to arrive at the sum total of

all these sheets
without printing them all out and adding them up

manually? Thanks in advance
for your assistance.
.

Ruan

Try this -

On Sheet 1, use the formula
=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet52!A1)

where A1 is the value you are summing.

Another way is creating a new Workbook (workbook2), which will read the
source wookbook (workbook 1).
=SUM([Book1]Sheet2:Sheet52!$A$1)

I hope this helps
Ruan