GK

Default Excel Password

In a book I have bought recently there is included a Excel Spreadsheet
that is free to use. It can be easily opened and used with Excel and I
have tried this out at a friend.

Now I do not use Excel as I use OpenOffice, which can read normally all
Excel sheets.
However I cannot open this Excel document with my Open Office as
some cells within the document are overwriting protected which makes
that Open Office cannot open this.

Can anybody in the community remove the cell protection of the this file
and send the file back to me.

This is nothing illegeal, as the file has been included for free use,
the protection has been done only to protect the users from alterating
the complicated formulas within the file.
I have spoken to the editor, they told me that they would help me
however the person who has made it has left the company.

I anybody could help me, please write directly to me:

I would send you by mail this simple file and you could return it to me.

I hope that there is sombody who is familiar whith such things, I am
not, I have this case first time and it would not make much use for me
to investigate much time or effort in this.

Thanks a lot,

Gottfried Köhler
Mark

If you use linux, you could change the attributes to rw--
rw--rw . also dos attrib can do this. But if the cells are=20
cell protected, set your security to high, close excel=20
open again and macros etc are disabled.

This might help, if not then doh!

- Mark