Biomed

Default Using For - Next Loops in VB

Excel 2000 SR-1

I am trying to write a VB code using a For - Next statement to calcualate
cells.
The basic satement is:

For X = 1 to 7
[A(x)] = {Calcualtion} ' Where A=Column and X = Row
Next X

Is there a correct way in VB code? This would greatly reduce the code I
would have to write otherwise.
Trevor Shuttleworth

One way:

For X = 1 to 7
Range("A" & X) = {Calcualtion} ' Where A=Column and X = Row
Next X

Regards

Trevor

"Biomed" wrote in message
Excel 2000 SR-1

I am trying to write a VB code using a For - Next statement to calcualate
cells.
The basic satement is:

For X = 1 to 7
[A(x)] = {Calcualtion} ' Where A=Column and X = Row
Next X

Is there a correct way in VB code? This would greatly reduce the code I
would have to write otherwise.

Biomed

Thanks Trevor. Is there a good text you can recommend for learning how to
program in VB? I'm not completely a novice but "self-taught". I created a
contacts database in Access that several departments have asked for in the
hospital where I work because of the ease to generate purchase order requests
and track the data. It works but I can see a lot of places I could have done
a better job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, Duke, Thanks for your suggestion too. Sorry for the double post - my
pc crashed and couldn't tell if it it posted my question. I will use both
suggestions.

"Biomed" wrote in message
Excel 2000 SR-1

I am trying to write a VB code using a For - Next statement to calcualate
cells.
The basic satement is:

For X = 1 to 7
[A(x)] = {Calcualtion} ' Where A=Column and X = Row
Next X

Is there a correct way in VB code? This would greatly reduce the code I
would have to write otherwise.

Biomed

Thanks Trevor. Is there a good text you can recommend for learning how to
program in VB? I'm not completely a novice but "self-taught". I created a
contacts database in Access that several departments have asked for in the
hospital where I work because of the ease to generate purchase order requests
and track the data. It works but I can see a lot of places I could have done
a better job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, Duke, Thanks for your suggestion too. Sorry for the double post - my
explorer is not working right and couldn't tell if it it posted my question.
I will use both suggestions.

"Biomed" wrote in message
Excel 2000 SR-1

I am trying to write a VB code using a For - Next statement to calcualate
cells.
The basic satement is:

For X = 1 to 7
[A(x)] = {Calcualtion} ' Where A=Column and X = Row
Next X

Is there a correct way in VB code? This would greatly reduce the code I
would have to write otherwise.

Trevor Shuttleworth

If you want a book on Excel VBA I'd recommend anything by John Walkenbach.
I've just bought Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA which is quite
literally two inches thick packed with expertise. Excelent book. A
reasonable price on Amazon.

If you want Access VBA, I wouldn't know

Regards

Trevor