Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Links to mapped drive change to refer to local hard drive

We are running Excel 2000 under Windows XP. There are several spreadsheets
residing in a folder on a server to which 4 people have their O drive mapped.
These spreadsheets contain links to other files within these folders.

For 3 of the people, the links work perfectly but for one person, all the
links change to refer to his XLSTART folder on his local hard drive.

I have double checked his mapped drive and his netowrk permissions to these
folders. I have disconnected remapped the drive without success.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Having spent hours of investigation on this, I have just discovered that the
other people all have the mapped drive listed as the alternate startup
location in Tools - Options - General.

When I put this into the alternate startup location on the 4th computer,
this worked for him too.