Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Change formula to reference different external worksheets

Hi,

I have a master spreadsheet that has several sheets. Each sheet is reading
data from a separate external spreadsheet C:\Data using the below formula.
IF($AH5="","",IF('C:\Data\[Generic.xls]sheetTFF'!$A5="",A4,'C:\Data\[Generic.
xls]sheetTFF'!A5))

On each new sheet I want to recreate the above formula but to reference a
different sheet on the same C:\Data external spreadsheet. I am looking for a
quick way to change the formula to read 'C:\Data\[Generic.xls]sheetTFF'!$A5
to 'C:\Data\[Generic.xls]sheetTFG'!$A5 and to 'C:\Data\[Generic.xls]sheetTFH'!
$A5 and so on, quickly as I don't want to spend hours doing this manually.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks for reading.

Regards

Duncuk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Duncuk wrote:
I am looking for a
quick way to change the formula to read 'C:\Data\[Generic.xls]sheetTFF'!$A5
to 'C:\Data\[Generic.xls]sheetTFG'!$A5 and to 'C:\Data\[Generic.xls]sheetTFH'!
$A5 and so on, quickly as I don't want to spend hours doing this manually.

Simplest way is to create the new sheet by copying the one that references
sheetTFF (Edit Move or Copy Sheet Create a copy)

Then in the new sheet Edit Replace sheetTFF [with] sheetTFG Replace All

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England