Jurek

Default a problem with pasting into Excell sheet

I often need to paste into Excell sheet a table from Internet pages. Here
comes a problem: a cell, which on a web page looks like that:
"8-5"
after pasting looks like that:
"08-may".
I have formatted the cells before and after pasting, but the result was
unsatisfactory.
When I format beforehand - there is no difference.
When I format after - in this cell apperas a 5-digit number.
Can somebody help to solve the problem?

Best regards
Jurek.

Dave Peterson

Can you paste into NotePad?

The save that file as a *.txt file?

Then you can use File|open and specify what each field should be. (Then
copy|paste that imported data to its final home.)

--

Dave Peterson