ECLandscapes

Default Problems with autosum...

I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to
total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it
works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the
actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does
anyone know a solution?
Bernard Liengme

This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show
two decimal places.
For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the
actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204
which is displayed as 22.87 while you expected 22.88.
Some good stuff at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme