JulieD

Default (Sub)totals

Hi

see my response under microsoft.public.excel.misc
you also might like to check out pivot tables
see
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
for details

Cheers
JulieD

"Kwakkel" wrote in message
Hello everybody.
I have the following problem:
I have an Excel file with Column B 'Quantity' and column F 'Sector'. Now i
need to count all the quantities within the same sector
Sorting + AutoSum isn't an option, since the file has other calculations
in
it as well, that also depend on a sort.
There's in my Dutch version a function 'DBSUM' and a function
'TURNTABEL.FETCH' ... these are translated terms, so I don't know if they
match with English versions ... but could someone please tell me how these
functions work, since i can't get them right (not by typing everyting
manually, nor by using Excels 'function input window'.
So, if you could help me out on one of these 2 functions, OR offer me an
alternative, i'll be close to eternally gratefull ;)