Mike Webb

Default How can I use Excel XP to track Federal/State/Private Grants?

I am trying to find a means to track the different grants we get for our
research that also provides a means for our Executive Director to quickly
view them for their status. I found a workbook at a non-profit website that
has 3 sheets:

(1) Expenses - this is an expense report form, essentially. We can add and
subtract money to indicate when we spend or receive money.
(2) Balance over Time - This is an X-Y line graph to depict money remaining
versus money spent over the life of the grant.
(3) Notes - Just a place with 2 columns - date and text, to write notes
about the grant over time to help with writing the technical and financial
reports required by the grantor.

My initial idea was to use one workbook per grant and have the person in
charge of that grant share it so the Executive Director could review it
easily. Not bad, but I think it can be done smarter. Also thought of using
Access to create a form to tie them together, but I am still a newbie at
Access and it'd throw the staff for a loop unless it was very user friendly.

Is there some way to tie together workbooks in one place for administrative
review, and to add as we get new grants and retire those that are completed?

TIA!!
--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.