XPC465

Default One worksheet for three separate hair stylists appointments. e.g..

My daughter-in-law, who purchased this Microsoft Officw software, is the
owner of a hair salon, and employs three hair stylists. At her request I
have been asked to make a system where she can use a computer to enter her
three stylists appointments on. As there are three stylists, she requires
three columns on the same template/worksheet, with the appointment times down
the left column of the appointments page. She can then use the three
columns independantly, one for each stylist, setting the appointment times in
relation to the required time position.
As an old age pensioner I am struggling to fulfil my daughter-in-laws request.
JulieD

Hi

i would structure it as follows
a new workbook for each month (so call the workbook April 2005)
a new worksheet for each day (so rename Sheet1 to the first date that you
want e.g. Fri April 1)
in cell A1 type the word
Times
in cell B1 type the name of the first hair stylist
in cell C1 type the name of the second hair stylist
in cell D1 type the name of the third hair stylist
in cell A2 type the time of the first apt e.g.
09:00
in cell A3 type the time of the first apt space e.g.
09:15
now select cells A2 & A3, move your cursor over the bottom right hand corner
until you see a +, hold down the left mouse and drag down the column ...
you'll see the times come up in a little yellow box, stop when you get to
the salon closing time e.g 21:00

now you can resize the columns and rows as required and format headings etc

For the other days, click on the sheet tab, hold down your control key and
drag to the right - let your mouse go and then your control key a new sheet
will be created - which you can then rename to the next day - etc (by the
way, this process can be made easier by the use of a macro - let us know if
you'ld like help doing this).

Hope this gives you a start.

Cheers
JulieD