Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default show user form

I have created this nifty little user input/calc form and now I would
like to let the user use it.
Problem is, I don't know how to show the form.

I want to show the form (hopefully without an excel worksheet showing
behind it) by clicking on an icon on the desktop.

Could someone please tell me how to show the form - I believe I know how
to do the shortcut icon - but without showing the excel workbook in the
background?
Thank you so much for your help
Joanne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Joanne

If this is a UserForm built in Excel then you will need the application to
open as it is the 'container' for the UserForm, although you can hide most
bits of Excel (This is called a dictator application if you want to search
the groups for this).

To show the form you will need code like that below and it could be fired
when the workbook opens from a shortcut. Using a Workbook_Open() event, but
in a standard module this will show it

Sub FormShow()
Form1.Show
End Sub

Change Form1 to whatever name you have on your form.

If you wish a stand-alone fore this will need to be in a language such as
Visual Basic, C#, etc.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge