msnews.microsoft.com

Default add ins - i've managed to uninstall from excel but the thing still shows up when excel opens in msie 6??

Anyone out there able to help me on the above problem ?

I had an add in installed, i uninstalled it correctly from Excel although it
still shows up in the available add-ins list. Fortunately it doesn't show
anymore when Excel loads.

But when I download excel spreadsheets from websites which open in internet
explorer those add-ins are loaded every time.

How come, but better question - how can I really get rid off these for
always ?

Thanks,
Martin

Gord Dibben

If by "uninstalled" you mean you unchecked in the add-ins in ToolsAdd-ins,
they will remain in the add-ins list.

To get them off the list, you must remove them from the folder in which they
currently reside.

Do a file search for these or use the ToolsAdd-insBrowse.

When found, move or delete them.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP