Default number changes into date-but I do not want it

when I type in the pH value of let's say 11.2 it changes into date like
nov.02. I do not want them to happen. what is wrong?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gord Dibben

Most unusual.

Normal pattern for 11-2 but not 11.2

Try formatting the cells to General.

What is the date separator set for in your WindowsControl PanelRegional and
Language OptionsGeneralCustomDate?

Maybe change it from a decimal point to a slash / or -

Gord Dibben Excel MVP