Angelo

Default Excel Headers

Hello All,

Hope all is clicking good.

Excel allows a user to create a header but the header is only displayed when
printing and is also very limited in function. I am trying to create an
Excel document that devoted the first seven rows to a header and then
remaining thousands of rows to a list of data. I.e.:

HEADER

Name: blah
Date: 03/03/03
Time: 12:24:03
Title: Excel problem
Procedure 1) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3) ~~~~~~~~~~~

TABLE

Symbol Name Description Price
----------- -------- --------------- --------
MSFT Microsoft A big giant $23.22
AAPL Apple A small fruit $40.00

etc.

The problem being that scaling the data in the header section will also
scale the table. I do not want to merge cells as the header data could
easily change and would require unneeded time to readjust the cells.
Instead, I am aiming for the column widths for the header and the column
widths for the table to be independent.

I very much appreciate any information you can provide,

Version is Excel 2000

Thanks,

Angelo
Ron de Bruin