Julie

Default Pyramid charts

Example: I have 100 people with five different age groups (under 20, 21-40,
41-60, 61-80, 80). I would like to create one pyramid using the data to
create layers in the pyramid. How do I do that?
Bernard Liengme

You have to fake it with negative values. Let the data be

age pop let this start in A1
20 100 so these are A2 and B2
40 80
60 60

Use data like this
age pop1 pop2
20 -50 50 formulas for numbers =-B2/2 and =B2/2
40 -40 40
60 -30 30

Make a stacked Bar Chart and edit to taste

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Julie" wrote in message
Example: I have 100 people with five different age groups (under 20,
21-40,
41-60, 61-80, 80). I would like to create one pyramid using the data to
create layers in the pyramid. How do I do that?

Jon Peltier

If you want to see an example:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html

- Jon