Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default VBA EXCEL CALENDAR

I hope I can explain this properly

I have downloaded an excel multi-year calendar form the internet and I am in
the process of modifying for my work.

On a second worksheet I have boxes that require user input on various types
of annual leave. Using a CommandButton I would like to transfer that
inputted information and format the the calendar to incorporate this data by
colour coding cells.

Please help

Frances

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

You haven't told us enough about the layout of the calendar to be much
help.
I assume the main issue is identifying the correct cell to put the
information/colouring in.
I assume you will end up needing a row number, a column number and a
sheet name.
If, for example, the worksheets are named "Y2008" etc - one per year,
the rows represent months with January in row 2 and the columns
represent days with 1 in column 2, and you have a date in
a VBA variable dtWhen, the row number would be Month(dtWhen)+1 and the
column number would be Day(dtWhen)+1 so the cell you need to access
would be

Sheets("Y"&Year(dtWhen)).Cells(Month(dtWhen)+1, Day(dtWhen)+1)

If that doesn't give you enough to go on, you'll need to give us more
help, describing the layout of the sheet(s).

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England