Big Al

Default Autofilling data on a form

I get myself into the darndest things. I have a requirement that calls for
creating a form in Excel that automatically inserts dates which change by
calendar quarter and state. The user would like to be able to make one entry
and have the form autofill the correct dates throughout the form. Ideally, a
single form would be usable for several states, but individual state forms
are the "fall back". Any help anyone could offer would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Al Aplin
Crestview, Florida
JulieD

Hi Al

this should be possible but i'll need more info (and the real fun thing is
that i think of days in dd/mm/yy format and get easily confused by mm/dd/yy
formats!) ...

assume the "form" and i'm assuming you mean worksheet here consists of only
one column
if the user enters the date 1-Jan-05 into cell A1
do you want A2 to be 1-Jan-05 or 2-Jan-05
or something else entirely?

where on the form does it tell you the state and how would the state
information influence the answer in A2 above?

Cheers
JulieD

"Big Al" wrote in message
I get myself into the darndest things. I have a requirement that calls for
creating a form in Excel that automatically inserts dates which change by
calendar quarter and state. The user would like to be able to make one
entry
and have the form autofill the correct dates throughout the form.
Ideally, a
single form would be usable for several states, but individual state forms
are the "fall back". Any help anyone could offer would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Al Aplin
Crestview, Florida

Big Al

Hello JulieD -

Thank you for your help. Interestingly enough, I actually went in another
direction on the form I asked about ... but was able to use the information
you provided relating to another project.

Apologies for the delay in response to your 3/24 post.

Al Aplin

"Big Al" wrote in message
I get myself into the darndest things. I have a requirement that calls for
creating a form in Excel that automatically inserts dates which change by
calendar quarter and state. The user would like to be able to make one
entry
and have the form autofill the correct dates throughout the form.
Ideally, a
single form would be usable for several states, but individual state forms
are the "fall back". Any help anyone could offer would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Al Aplin
Crestview, Florida

JulieD

glad its solved and thanks for the feedback
--
Cheers
JulieD