Artsy

Default Simultaneously Formatting Charts

In Excel 2002 is it possible to format more than one chart at a time or do
they have to each be formatted individually? Is it possible to format one
chart and apply the formatting to other existing charts?

I have a series of charts that need the same formatting and I'm looking for
a ay to only do it once and thus save a lot of time.

Thanks!
Debra Dalgleish

You can format one chart
Select that chart, and copy it
Select another chart, anc choose EditPaste Special
Select Formats, click OK
Select another chart, and press the F4 key, to repeat the previous action.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jon Peltier

Keep in mind that Excel includes the text of the chart and axis titles in the
formatting. When you paste formatting, the target chart's titles are overwritten by
the source chart's. Aggravating, but I've learned to paste formats first, and write
the titles later.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Artsy wrote:

In Excel 2002 is it possible to format more than one chart at a time
or do they have to each be formatted individually? Is it possible to
format one chart and apply the formatting to other existing charts?

I have a series of charts that need the same formatting and I'm
looking for a ay to only do it once and thus save a lot of time.

Thanks!

Tushar Mehta

Personally, I'd record a macro while formatting the first chart. Then,
select each subsequent chart and run the macro. That way you work
around undesired changes to elements that XL considers part of a
chart's format but most normal people would not.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,