Guy

Default How to extract cells from multiple spreadsheets into one new spreadsheet

I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheets has somewhat similar
data which I would like to list in one new spreadsheet which will update
with any change to any of the other sheets. How can I do this? One thing
that confuses me is that each sheet can have a different number of rows at
any given day. So my new spreadsheet has to grow or shrink to accommodate
the change in the quantity of data.

Thanks in advance
Guy

Ron de Bruin

Hi Guy

Try this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Delet the sheet and run the macro again to have a sheet that is up to date

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Guy" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheets has somewhat similar data which I would like to list in one new spreadsheet
which will update with any change to any of the other sheets. How can I do this? One thing that confuses me is that each sheet
can have a different number of rows at any given day. So my new spreadsheet has to grow or shrink to accommodate the change in the
quantity of data.

Thanks in advance
Guy

Gordon

Guy wrote:
|| I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheets has somewhat
|| similar data which I would like to list in one new spreadsheet which
|| will update with any change to any of the other sheets. How can I
|| do this? One thing that confuses me is that each sheet can have a
|| different number of rows at any given day. So my new spreadsheet
|| has to grow or shrink to accommodate the change in the quantity of
|| data.
|| Thanks in advance
|| Guy

Aren't you just duplicating the data? What exactly are you trying to acheive
with the new workbook that you can't do with the original?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Guy

There are seven sheets to the original work book. Each lists a number of
field service events unique to the sheet (installer). What I want, is to
see all these events on one sheet to help identify conflicts and prioritize
and possibly reschedule or re-assign the events for more efficiency.

This may all be possible by creating one additional sheet for the original
workbook and that's OK too. It's just that I want it all on one sheet. I
realize I can manually copy it everyday and review it but if it can be
automated that would be preferred.

I hope that clarifies my objective.