Patinak

Default I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get them b.

I am using excel 2003. I am a beginner. I followed the instructions to hide
columns (I'm working on a stock spread sheet). I hid three columns,
followed the instructions to unhide them and nothing happenss.
JulieD

Hi patinak

to unhide columns you need to select the column headings both sides of the
hidden columns, so if you hid columns B, C, D then you need to click on
column header A and drag across to column header E and then choose format /
columns / unhide

Cheers
JulieD

"Patinak" wrote in message
I am using excel 2003. I am a beginner. I followed the instructions to
hide
columns (I'm working on a stock spread sheet). I hid three columns,
followed the instructions to unhide them and nothing happenss.

Ken Wright

Click on the little grey square at the top left of your spreadsheet, just
above where the row headers are and just to the left of where the column
headers are. This will select the entire sheet. Now as long as you do the
following, then one of them is going to bring it back for you:-

Format / Column / Unhide
Window / Unfreeze panes
Format / Column / Standard Width

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Patinak" wrote in message
I am using excel 2003. I am a beginner. I followed the instructions to

hide
columns (I'm working on a stock spread sheet). I hid three columns,
followed the instructions to unhide them and nothing happenss.

Ken Wright

You're welcome :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

<snip

Sandy Mann

A third way - at least in XL97 and I assume in later versions, is to place
the cursor at the joint of two columns. The cursor will turn into a
two-headed arrow with a solid central bar between them. Now move the cursor
slightly in the direction in which the missing column should be and the
solid vertical bar will turn into a parallel pair. Left-click and drag the
cursor and you will uncover the rightmost of the hidden columns.

Regards

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk