ILanger

Default How do I add on 15 days to a specified date

Column D of my spreadsheet has the dates that I begin various tasks
I would like Column E to automatically fix a date 15 days later to be my
Target Completion Date Goal.
Then I would like Column F to tell me how many days left until the Target
Date in Column E
The dates in Columns D & E would not change; but the Days Left in Column F
would change each day.
Please tell me what formulas I should put into Columns E & F

Many thanks in advance.

Paul B

ILanger, with date in D2, in E2 put =D2+15 in F2 put =E2-TODAY() and format
as general

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"ILanger" wrote in message
Column D of my spreadsheet has the dates that I begin various tasks
I would like Column E to automatically fix a date 15 days later to be my
Target Completion Date Goal.
Then I would like Column F to tell me how many days left until the Target
Date in Column E
The dates in Columns D & E would not change; but the Days Left in Column F
would change each day.
Please tell me what formulas I should put into Columns E & F

Many thanks in advance.

ILanger

Your answer worked perfectly. Thank you for your very prompt help.
Is there a beginners tutorial that will teach me how to use the various date
formulas?
I guess I have to start somewhere.
Thanks again.

"ILanger" wrote in message
Column D of my spreadsheet has the dates that I begin various tasks
I would like Column E to automatically fix a date 15 days later to be my
Target Completion Date Goal.
Then I would like Column F to tell me how many days left until the

Target
Date in Column E