Raj

Default Area under the graph

Dear all,

I have a small query but am not able to figure it out, how to go about it.
Suppose I have created an XY scatter graph or line graph in excel, (for that
matter any graph in excel). The graph can be linear or logarithmic or
anything. Is there a way by which I can come to know the area bounded by the
curve and the axis. And the area bounded between the two curves.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Raj

Jerry W. Lewis

The area under the curve is the integral of the curve. If you know
calculus and the formula of the curve then manually integrating the
curve will be most accurate. If you don't know at least one of those,
Bernard Liengme shows how to use the trapezoid rule to approximate the area
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...UnderCurve.htm

Jerry