uriel78

Default copying workbooks with charts and changing data

As I've got to process several data of same kind, I create several copies of
one workbook (1) that contains several charts
When I use a copy of workbook 1 (2) with new values, the charts always
refers to data in (1)...how can I do to use the values of (2)....??

Jon Peltier

How are you copying the original chart? If the chart is in the same
workbook as the data, you should have no problem if you do Save As with
the entire workbook, or if you make a copy of the file in Windows Explorer.

When you start copying charts separately from copying their data, the
charts always point to the data you don't want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services