Subin

Default whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel

whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel , deleting a row
Ron de Bruin

Hi

Ctrl +
CTRL -

If you select the row header you don't see the dialog

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Subin" wrote in message ...
whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel , deleting a row

Rajesh HR, BAngalore

Select the location for inserting a New Row

Press <CTRL and press +,

This would insert a New ROW

whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel , deleting a row

For Ctrl + + to automatically insert a row, you have to do the extra
step of highlighting the whole row first. If you don't, you'll get a
dialog box requiring you to make a choice and then either hit Enter or
click OK. To me, that's not really a shortcut.

The speed key sequence Alt+I,R to me is much quicker and simpler -
you don't have to highlight the row first and you don't have to deal
with a dialog box. (By the way, Alt+I,C will automatically insert a
column.)