miko

Default how do i draw a textbox on chart and copy onto word?

I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click copy and paste onto
microsoft word, the textbox disappears. how do i make sure it stays? or else,
how do i draw a textbox directly on the picture copied?
rzhang

Was the textbox selected together with the chart when you Copy?

I convert the chart to graphic by holding down Shift, click Edit - Copy
Picture, and Paste it in your workbook. Draw the textbox you want over the
graphic, and make sure both the chart graphic and the textbox are selected
when you Copy.

"miko" wrote:

I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click copy and paste onto
microsoft word, the textbox disappears. how do i make sure it stays? or else,
how do i draw a textbox directly on the picture copied?

Jon Peltier

Even better, select the chart before adding the textbox, so it becomes an integral
part of the chart.

The easiest way to make a textbox as part of the chart is to select the chart, type
what you want the textbox to say, and press Enter. The textbox appears in the middle
of the chart, ready for you to format and position it.

To make a textbox that's linked to a cell, select the chart, type =, then click on
the cell. Again, the textbox appears in the middle of the chart, ready for action.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services