Jacinthe

Default Pivot Table "Filtering"

Here's my problem:

In XL2000, I am using a pivot table to combine two large data sources. What
I want to do is use the smaller list in one database as the main reference.
However, every time I combine the two tables, I get a list that features the
larger list. How can I force it to filter for only the smaller list?

For example, if I have ten employees, and I want to combine their past
performance from a larger employee database into a Pivot Table without
getting all the other employees, how can I do that? This is just an example,
but you get the idea.

What I have been doing is using the multiple consolidation ranges option ...
is that a bad idea?
Ken Wright

Assuming all your headers are the same, drop the two lists one under the
other in a single sheet, add another column and put a flag against each
list, eg LIST1 and LIST2 against the other. Then just drag that field into
the Page fields and use it to focus on whichever list you want.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03