Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Excel-to-Word Link Updates

Im attempting to copy and paste a portion of an Excel 2007 worksheet into a
Word 2007 document, using the Paste Link option. My understanding is that if
you change data in the worksheet, the changes will automatically be made in
the Word document, even if the Word document is open. It is not working that
way. I can right-click the Excel object in the Word document and select
Update Link. The data then updates properly. Also, if I close the Word
document and re-open it, Im prompted to update the link, and the updates
show properly. Should the linked Excel object in the Word document be
updated automatically, even if the Word document is open?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Changes will only be made when the word document is open (or opened).
Works fine for me.

In Excel 2007 I copied a couple of cells
In Word I used Home Paste Paste Special Microsoft Excel Object;
Paste Link
When I change the cells in Excel they change in Word.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England