tb

Default Master Workbook used as my template?

I have a workbook master I use as my master template for my jobs.

I am wondering if it is possible to have them have a number sequence to
follow and automatically number as the next job when saved as.

For eg: I open my master and save it as ...., then I have to go into the
worksheet in the work book and re number it as well.
Say I save it as Job # 1000, then I have to enter it in a few worksheets in
the workbook. But when I save the next one Job # 1001, is it possible to have
that number automatically change for me inside the worksheets?

I am new to excel and love the program and I am amazed the stuff you can do
in it, so I am trying for the stars!!!

Thanks tb
Paul B

tb, see if this will help you,
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tb" wrote in message
I have a workbook master I use as my master template for my jobs.

I am wondering if it is possible to have them have a number sequence to
follow and automatically number as the next job when saved as.

For eg: I open my master and save it as ...., then I have to go into the
worksheet in the work book and re number it as well.
Say I save it as Job # 1000, then I have to enter it in a few worksheets
in
the workbook. But when I save the next one Job # 1001, is it possible to
have
that number automatically change for me inside the worksheets?

I am new to excel and love the program and I am amazed the stuff you can
do
in it, so I am trying for the stars!!!

Thanks tb

tb

Paul, Thanks for your info, I looked at it, these are macros correct? I am
quite new to excel and we have not yet started using any macros at my place
of work. So I am not formiliar with or would not know where to start with
macros.

Would this be my easier way to do what I am trying to do?
Thanks
tb

"tb" wrote in message
I have a workbook master I use as my master template for my jobs.

I am wondering if it is possible to have them have a number sequence to
follow and automatically number as the next job when saved as.

For eg: I open my master and save it as ...., then I have to go into the
worksheet in the work book and re number it as well.
Say I save it as Job # 1000, then I have to enter it in a few worksheets
in
the workbook. But when I save the next one Job # 1001, is it possible to
have
that number automatically change for me inside the worksheets?

I am new to excel and love the program and I am amazed the stuff you can
do
in it, so I am trying for the stars!!!

Thanks tb

Paul B

tb, You may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros

and here for some more ideas
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2CE155AA

--
Paul B