Issam LAdki

Default What is Wrong with this formula please?

The formula below does not seem to work, can somebody please tell me that is
wrong

Cell A1 = Time ,e.g. 12:30:00
Cell B1 is blank
Cell C1 = Time , e.g. 04:30:00
Cell D1 has following formula
=IF(C1<MOD(A1+TIME(32,0,0),1),"ERRe2,C1+TIME(7,0,0 ))
Basically is the time in C1 is less than A1 plus 32 hours, D1 will show
error otherwise it is D1 plus 7 hours.

I get the ERR in D1 if time is less, but not the D1 plus 7.

Can somebody please advise when am I going wrong, and thanks a lot for your
help

Niek Otten

I don't think you copied and pasted your formula into your message; the
"-signs don't match. Also, you mention D1 where I suppose it should be C1.
Repost in this thread with more accurate info please.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Issam LAdki" wrote in message
The formula below does not seem to work, can somebody please tell me that
is
wrong

Cell A1 = Time ,e.g. 12:30:00
Cell B1 is blank
Cell C1 = Time , e.g. 04:30:00
Cell D1 has following formula
=IF(C1<MOD(A1+TIME(32,0,0),1),"ERRe2,C1+TIME(7,0,0 ))
Basically is the time in C1 is less than A1 plus 32 hours, D1 will show
error otherwise it is D1 plus 7 hours.

I get the ERR in D1 if time is less, but not the D1 plus 7.

Can somebody please advise when am I going wrong, and thanks a lot for
your
help

Peo Sjoblom

Note that TIME(32,0,0) does not work, time function only works up to 24
hours, so TIME(32,0,0) will return 8:00,
replace it with

--"32:00"

Peo Sjoblom

"Issam LAdki" wrote in message
The formula below does not seem to work, can somebody please tell me that

is
wrong

Cell A1 = Time ,e.g. 12:30:00
Cell B1 is blank
Cell C1 = Time , e.g. 04:30:00
Cell D1 has following formula
=IF(C1<MOD(A1+TIME(32,0,0),1),"ERRe2,C1+TIME(7,0,0 ))
Basically is the time in C1 is less than A1 plus 32 hours, D1 will show
error otherwise it is D1 plus 7 hours.

I get the ERR in D1 if time is less, but not the D1 plus 7.

Can somebody please advise when am I going wrong, and thanks a lot for

your
help

Issam LAdki

Thanks and sorry for the error. As requested the formula is pasted
herebelow.

The Cell Addresses are different tha the original typed one as they are from
the actual sheet itsself.

=IF(L7<MOD(I7+TIME(32,0,0),1),"ERR",L7+TIME(7,0,0) )
Hope this will help and thanks again

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
[...]

Peo Sjoblom

It does not matter because you still use TIME(32,0,0) which is incorrect as
I stated in an answer,
that part will return 8:00 and not 32:00, don't use TIME if you want values
24:00

--"32:00"

will do

Peo Sjoblom