Mark Allen

Default Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table b.

Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table be turned off
or on? I am trying to show pivot charts for each page variable and if any
formating is changed in one of the charts they all revert back to the default
chart formatting.
Debra Dalgleish

Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's
information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as
you apply the formatting:

XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

Or, you could create a normal chart from the data. On Jon Peltier's
site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jon Peltier

Mark -

You could copy the original chart as a picture, and paste this into the
worksheet, then continue making changes in the original.

To copy a chart as a pictu Hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu,
then select Copy Picture. I prefer the On Screen (twice) and As Picture
options.

I also prefer working with regular charts. Pivot charts cause more work
for me with their strange behavior than they save me by pivoting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services