BillGatesKilledMyDad

Default Labels in Bubble Graph

I have read the Barb Reinhardt string regarding labeling bubble charts with
text, but I'm not clear on the answer so I'll rephrase it:

Is there a way in Excel 2000 (9.0.442 SR-1) to label the series with the
NAME of the series without using an add-in?

If so, how?

Thx for any input.
Jon Peltier

Sorry about your dad.

There is no automatic way to label the series with the series name in XL
2000; this was introduced in 2002 (XP). The various chart labelers could
do this, and using an addin is no big deal. Also, once the labels are in
place, the labels can be read just fine by someone who doesn't have the
add-in.

But you can do this manually (if tediously). Apply labels, and choose
either the values or labels option. Single click twice on a label, first
to select the series of labels, then to select the single label, so it's
highlighted in gray. Press =, then click on the cell with the series
name and press Enter, and the label will be linked to the content of
that cell. Repeat for the rest of the labels.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services