BMBCNJ

Default Formating cell to 1000

Does anyone know a way where I can take a cell and have that number
represented times 1000. For example is A1 is 12. I would need this to
represendted as 12,000.

Frank Kabel

Hi
not possible with formats

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

BMBCNJ wrote:
Does anyone know a way where I can take a cell and have that number
represented times 1000. For example is A1 is 12. I would need this
to represendted as 12,000.

BMBCNJ

Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Barry

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
not possible with formats

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

BMBCNJ wrote:
Does anyone know a way where I can take a cell and have that number
represented times 1000. For example is A1 is 12. I would need this
to represendted as 12,000.

Jon Peltier

If you want 12000 to look like 12, enter 12000 in the cell, then apply a custom
number format of

0,

The comma drops three digits from the end, turning thousands into ones or millions
into thousands. To turn millions into ones, use two commas.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services