elvis sipos

Default How do I create a boxplot using StatPlus with an unequal number o.

I've got the StatPlus add-in for Excel and have data sets with unequal number
of data points. For those columns that have fewer data points, the cells are
blank. I am trying to create a box plot using this data, but unless all of
the columns have the exact same number of data points, I am unable to execute
this function.
Jon Peltier

A simple box plot is based on percentiles (0-25-50-75-100). You don't
need equal numbers of measurements to determine percentiles.

I have some instructions for building box and whisker plots on my web site:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tml#BoxWhisker

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

elvis sipos wrote:

I've got the StatPlus add-in for Excel and have data sets with unequal number
of data points. For those columns that have fewer data points, the cells are
blank. I am trying to create a box plot using this data, but unless all of
the columns have the exact same number of data points, I am unable to execute
this function.

elvis sipos

Thanks for this information. I do have a similar formula for making whisker
plots without StatPlus (and using Excel), but I am trying to figure out how
to do it using StatPlus, since this is a functionality of StatPlus. If you
have any suggestions for how to do these in StatPlus, I would appreciate it.
Regards.

elvis sipos wrote:

I've got the StatPlus add-in for Excel and have data sets with unequal number
of data points. For those columns that have fewer data points, the cells are
blank. I am trying to create a box plot using this data, but unless all of
the columns have the exact same number of data points, I am unable to execute
this function.

Tushar Mehta

You might get lucky and have someone with knowledge about StatPlus
respond to your query. If not, consider checking with the folks from
whom you got/bought the add-in.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions