Kaypee

Default Double Click .xls file in Explorer opens Excel but no file

Thanks all

Double clicking on a .xls file within Windows Explorer opens Excel - but no
files opens.

Unless Excel is already open - then the file opens.

Ideas??

Dave Peterson

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then